Users can adjust the margin of their positions to make the position less prone (add margin) to liquidation.
- The position will have a safer Estimated Liquidation Price (less prone to liquidation);
- Less principal available in the account.
- The liquidation risk of open positions will increase (more prone to liquidation);
- More principal available in the account.
2. How to adjust margin
App: Locate the pencil icon at the right side of the Margin tab from position details on the All Orders page.
Web: Locate the pencil icon from the Margin (Leverage) column inside the My Positions tab.
3. Rules for Magin Adjustment
1. Margin adjustment is not supported for orders in the Cross Margin mode.
2. Currently margin adjustment is not supported for orders of Copy Trading, including trades opened by traders and trades opened from copiers’ copying.
3. Inside the 'Adjust Margin' pop-out window, the system will automatically calculate the Max. Increase/Decrease margin amount for the current position, as well as the Estimated Liquidation Price after the adjustment.
Why Adjustment Failed
1. The TP/SL setting will be triggered after the adjustment. Users need to adjust the TP/SL setting first.
2. The Max. Take Profit will be triggered after the adjustment.
3. The Estimated Liquidation Price is closer to the current price compared with the SL price after the adjustment (that is, the order will be liquidated before the SL price is reached).
The Impact of Margin Adjustment on the TP/SL Price
1. If users set the TP/SL by price, there is no effect on the TP/SL Price after adjustment.
2. If users set the TP/SL by ratio, the TP/SL Price will change as follows after adjustment.
1) After reducing the margin, the TP/SL price will be closer to the "Opening Price".
The TP/SL is set based on the ratio of the margin; the ratio remains the same, when the margin is reduced, the estimated take profit/stop loss amount will be smaller, which means the TP/SL setting will be easier to trigger.
2) After increasing the margin, the difference between the TP/SL Price and the "Opening Price" will be greater.
The TP/SL is set based on the ratio of the margin; the ratio remains the same, when the margin is increased, the estimated take profit/stop loss amount will be larger, which means the TP/SL price will be harder to reach.
The relevant calculation is as follows.
USDT-Margined orders —— TP/SL by Ratio
Estimated TP/SL Price = TP/SL Ratio * Opening Price * Margin / (Transaction Direction * Trading Volume) + Opening Price
Coin-Margined orders —— TP/SL by Ratio
Estimated TP/SL Price = (Transaction Direction * Trading Volume * Opening Price)/ (Transaction Direction * Trading Volume - TP/SL Ratio * Margin)
Tips: When the calculation result of the estimated TP/SL Price is ≤0, it indicates that the entered value of the TP/SL settings is invalid.